UPDATE ON UTT OPERATIONS
The University, guided by the directive of the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GORTT) will continue to be closed to students and non-essential staff until April 20th 2020, in an attempt to curb the transmission of COVID-19 virus.
Pending further updates from the Government, the University will resume full operations for staff and students on April 21st, 2020.
In the interim, please be advised that teaching, examinations and the overall operations of the University will continue via an online mode. This will be facilitated through the following measures:
- Continuation of online classes
- Online preparations for examinations to continue
- Online assessments to continue
- Staff meetings will be conducted through online mechanisms
- Students continue to be mentored, supervised and advised via an online medium
- Provisions will be made to allow staff to enter marks remotely
- Staff are expected to be available and accessible during normal working hours
During this time of crisis, I wish to extend a sincere appreciation and heartfelt thanks to all staff and students for the demonstration of their co-operation and understanding.
I urge members of the University Community to keep yourselves and families safe by being aware of, and adhering to, the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health, the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and all relevant authorities.
TT’s Management will continue to keep the University Community informed of any updates or changes in this matter